Wednesday, May 15, 2024

M1 Introduction

 Hi! My name is Hannah Miller and I'm from Clifton Park, New York. I graduated from the College of Saint Rose with my undergraduate degree in Early Childhood/Childhood Education (Birth-Grade 6) in May 2023. I started my graduate degree in Curriculum and Instruction (Grades 1-6) at Saint Rose in the summer of 2023 but due to the unexpected closure of Saint Rose, I transferred to SUNY Empire at the end of the fall 2023 semester to finish my graduate degree. I have been a substitute teacher at a local public school district for 2 years and I have worked at an aftercare center/summer camp for 7 years. This year I am teaching Wrap-Kindergarten full time at a private institution. My goal is to secure a full time teaching position in a public school district teaching any grade PreK-6 ASAP. I decided to pursue the M.Ed. so I can achieve my goal of having my own classroom. I live with my Mom and my 18 year old sister who is currently attending Siena College studying to be a physical therapist. We have two cats and a dog. In my free time I enjoy art and spending time with my friends and family. Through this course, I'm excited to learn about different types of media and literacies and how I can creatively apply them to my teaching and to my future classroom.

This meme is funny to me because I have been declined jobs due to not having as much public school teaching experience as some of the seasoned teachers I am going up against for jobs.

15 funny job hunting memes - BreakBrunch

No comments:

Post a Comment

M7: Blog Post 6

Quizizz is an interactive learning platform in which students are engaged through quizzes and games. It is an excellent tool for formative a...